What Are the Uses of QR Codes for Pharmaceutical Companies?
Delivr offers pharmaceutical companies a dual platform for consumer activation and anti-counterfeiting.
Delivr has the back-end capability to successfully manage content for hundreds of thousands of products while offering brand protection and consumer activation with a single secure QR code.
Brand protection capabilities include authenticating products and identifing incidents of counterfeiting and gray market diversion. Our technology works seamlessly with existing, large-scale systems including retail point-of-sale, inventory management, customer relationship management and digital loyalty.
A QR code from Delivr can have two actions - one public and one private. The public action provides consumer interconnectivity for retrieval of product information, marketing campaigns and offers. The private action, which is secure and encrypted, thwarts counterfeiting of packaging, labels and inserts.
- Anti-counterfeiting - counterfeit prevention and detection
- Identify re-call product more efficiently
- Consumer interconnectivity
Can manage production information e.g.
- Lot Number
- Expiration Date
- Serial Number (if present)
- Other internal or external identification data
- Parent/Child maintained
- With Secure Tag serialization the product can be authenticated at each supply chain level and alerts go out if the same number is scanned more than once
Provides assurance for re-packagers.
- Product goes out in bulk to re-packager
- Re-packager breaks down bulk to smaller units and uploads new data to data base
- Link established between bulk and smaller packaging units which are all securely tagged
- When received at pharmacy level, the product is scanned, verified and receives an authentication code and is scanned into pharmacy inventory
The consumer can also participate in the validation process.
- The data on the pharmaceutical is maintained throughout its life down to the bottle
- That information can provide valuable assurances to the consumer that their pharmacy is concerned about anti-counterfeiting and is invested in protecting them